Tethered Oral Tissues have become common ground of any pregnant mother or mother’s discussion group in today’s world. Babies are being born with tongue and/or lip ties that create havoc in family’s environment. Pediatric offices are perplexed. As we learn that the tongue is the CEO of the body, unknown to the medical and dental community. How does the tongue interact with other body systems? Who is on the multidisciplinary professional team? How frenum release may resolve some health problems of infants and toddlers? What about ADD/ADHD? Join us for hands-on informative course on TOT’s. Bring your questions – how does this CEO work?
- Discuss embryology of frenums
- Define frenectomy, frenotomy, frenula, frenula?
- Recognize the consequences of overlooked TOT’s
- Examine how ankyloglossia affects breast feeding
- Modify current techniques to prevent disregarded TOT’s
- Feel confident with assessing TOT’s