Mindful Moments: Strategies for Dementia
Taking care of our brains takes perseverance but the rewards can last a lifetime. How we live our lives today impacts our tomorrow. You will be challenged and revered for your role as a healthcare provider and clearly understand how your talents not only change patients’ lives but may very well save them from one of the most tragic diseases we’ve ever known.
- Understand Alzheimer’s disease and its association with different etiologies and pathophysiological processes including the role of oral bacteria, yeast, and the herpes virus.
- Discover how heart health, hearing loss, genetics, insulin resistance, diet, exercise, and sleep impact the risk of cognitive decline.
- Utilize current preventive strategies to reduce your own personal risk and then relate that information to your family coworkers and patients.
Shh..Solving the Sleep Loss Epidemic
Although it might not be “sexy” news, getting a good night’s sleep is one of the best things we can do to improve our physical and emotional well-being. We spend 1/3 of our life sleeping and is proven to be of the utmost importance. The 2 most feared diseases throughout developed nations are cancer and Alzheimer’s Disease both of which are related to inadequate sleep.
Sleep revs up the immune system, fine tunes the balance of insulin and circulating glucose, regulates appetite and helps to maintain the microbiome of your gut. It is directly linked to cardiovascular health and lowers blood pressure. Beautiful sleep staves off anxiety and depression and there is not one major organ or process that isn’t enhanced by optimal sleep. With over 17,000 well-scrutinized scientific reports proving the benefits of the miracle called a full night’s sleep it is one of the biggest health challenges in the 21st century.
Join me to discuss the history and mystery of sleep, how sleep will reset our brains and body health and how we in the dental community can help not only in the sleep apnea arena but in overall sleep hygiene
- Explore how sleep is the bedrock for all body systems
- Discover what could be the worst science experiment we are doing to our children
- Understand critical sleep activities related to memory storage and clearance of brain toxins
- Gain a deeper understanding of sleep disordered breathing & the role of nitic oxide