This program introduces the value of implementing a Caries Risk Assessment to identify patient’s risk level for dental caries. Mapping a treatment plan is only successful when the dental team collects all factors that influence the caries pattern and prevalence based on their medical history, lifestyle changes, behaviors and systemic conditions. The 4Cs highlight significant components that build the schematic design in delivering evidence-based prevention.
Case Studies will provide the participants with suggested risk patterns that indicate the need to design an individualized treatment protocol. Encouraging interactive discussion among the audience will improve the critical thinking skills and promote best practices in oral health care.
- Execute an effective CRA (CAMBRA) risk assessment within the standard of care for every patient
- Introduce the stages of incipient caries applying the ICDAS international codes
- Preview and discuss various patient cases to identify the variables that individualize the prevention plan and patient home oral care.
- Recognize today’s dietary challenges created with convenience foods and destructive drinks.
- Differentiate how Calcium, Phosphate and Fluoride ions interplay in remineralization of compromised teeth.