CONTINUING EDUCATION – DENTISTS, HYGIENISTS and ASSISTANTS
All Texas licensed dentists and hygienists are required to complete 24 hours – and assistants 6 hours – of continuing education, every 24 months, in accordance with the Dental Practice Act. Omega Seminars is offering the opportunity to earn up to 6 hours of accredited CEU’s in two, 3 hour seminars while cruising aboard the CARNIVAL BREEZE FEBRUARY 3 – FEBRUARY 8, 2024.
|OMEGA SEMINARS INC. PRESENTS|
AADH Provider Code: AADHOSI
“Omega Seminars Inc. is designated as an approved provider by the American Academy of Dental Hygiene, Inc. #AADHOSI (January 1, 2022 – December 31, 2023). Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial Board of Dentistry. Licensee should maintain this document in the event of an audit.”
These courses are approved by the American Academy of Dental Hygiene. They are approved providers of the TSBDE, for continuing education and should count toward your biennial mandatory continuing education courses.
The Clinical Manifestation of Hemoglobin S Disease and the Dental Patient
- Understanding the cause of the SCA
- Understanding the history of SCA
- Identifying the SCA
- Understanding the inheritance pattern of SCA
- Understanding the Classifications: Sickle Cell Trait; Sickle Cell Disease; Sickle Cell Crisis
- Diagnosis and Management of the SCA patient: Examples of trabecular patterns and spacing; Periodontal Health status; Medical complications of SCA; Anesthetic for the SCA patient; Dental treatment precautions
- Dental Coding for various treatment of SCA
Vaping: A Global Epidemic
- Awareness of all the effects of vaping globally. A CDC study found that 99% of the e-cigarettes sold in assessed venues in the United States contained nicotine
- The harmful effects of nicotine found in vaping on the human brain, especially the adolescent brain.
- The side-effects vaping has on mental health, physical health, and dental health.
|GROUP DISCOUNT: 4 or more registering for both – $70 per person|
|NOTE: If you have taken a courses with these titles before, these are a continuation, but you do not have to have taken Part 1 to take them|
Linda D. Chandler-Jacobs BS, R.D.H
Linda is an Independent Life Insurance and Annuities Agent with several years of experience as a motivated agent in sales and customer relations. Her primary goal has been to leverage a proven sales system and achievements into the open management role of her company. Licensed in Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma , Linda is a graduate of the University of Texas School of Dentistry in Houston Texas with a Bachelor of Science degree in Dental Hygiene. Linda has over 42 years of experience in the dental field. Linda has designed and implemented various protocols to enhance the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of patients with chronic periodontal involvement. Her special interest has been the challenges facing patients with diabetes, osteoporosis and geriatric patients as their compromised medical health jeopardizes all aspects of their dental health. Linda still practices two days a week to accommodate her loyal patients.
Linda now focuses her time and efforts on education and guidance for those individuals in the Dental field so they may have the proper funds in place to successfully retire.
Mishie Nesbitt MBA, BS, CDA
Mishie Nesbitt has served over 25 years in the Dental Healthcare industry from both the private sector as well as the university level. Mishie is very passionate about the functionality of how the business and clinical operations work together from the Practice Administrative point of view! Graduate of NYU School of Dentistry & UOP
Allied Health & Dental Healthcare Administration. Former Dental Manager-Director- UT Dentists Faculty Practice – University of Texas School of Dentistry. Between Consulting and Speaking engagements – Mishie assists Small Businesses with securing Access to Capital Funding – Presently Certified Facilitator to Entrepreneurs through Financial Literacy Education. Married with 3 wonderful kids , 3 lovely grandchildren and a dog named BABY!!!!
Dr. Jean D. Morency DMD
Dr. Jean Morency began his medical education at Roosevelt University in Chicago, graduating with High Honors and receiving two different degrees: one in Biology and one in Chemistry. He then went on to earn his Doctorate of Dental Medicine (DMD) at the Harvard University School of Dental Medicine. In addition to these prestigious degrees, he continued his post-graduate education by completing a Prosthetic Dentistry program and earning a Master of Science, as well as a teaching Fellowship. He’s enjoyed educating and training future dentists for the past 30 years. Dr. Morency combines this advanced education and training with a warm, compassionate style of care that eases his patients’ fears and reminds them that they made the right choice choosing Fantastic Smiles of Houston as their dental care provider. Not only do they benefit from Dr. Morency’s passion for learning and experience, but they also develop a personal relationship built on trust with him and his staff.
OMEGA SEMINARS AT SEA
Sailing on the Carnival Breeze to Costa Maya and Cozumel, Mexico, February 3rd, 2024. You do not need to take the seminars to cruise with us. This is a fantastic opportunity to experience a lovely 5-night voyage with two sea days and, and afternoon in Costa Maya and a fun-filled day in Cozumel! The BREEZE has many amenities to enjoy as you join us on our CONTINUING EDUCATION CRUISE.
LIMITED # OF CABINS RESERVED AT THE GROUP RATE – FIRST COME BASIS
|INSIDE CABINS||FARE + TAXES = TOTAL (per person)|
|4E||$459 + $93.2 = $552.2||Decks 6 and 7|
|4F||$464 + $93.2 = $557.2||Decks 7 and 8|
|4G||$469 + $93.2 = $562.2||Decks 7 and 8|
|4H||$474 + $93.2 = $567.2||Decks 8 and 9|
|6M||$539 + $93.2 = $632.2||Decks 1 and 2|
|8B||$662 + $93.2 = $755.2||Decks 6 and 7|
|8C||$664 + $93.2 = $757.2||Decks 7 and 8|
|8D||$669 + $93.2 = $762.2||Decks 8 and 9|
|8E||$674 + $93.2 = $767.2||Decks 9 and 10|
|OTHER CABIN CATEGORIES||REQUEST RATE||VARIOUS DECKS|
- Saturday, February 3, 2024 – Arrive in Galveston before 2:00 PM for check in and 3:30 PM sailing
- Sunday, February 4, 2024 – Fun Day at Sea and Seminar #1, 08:00 – 11:00 (3 Credits)
- Monday, February 5, 2024 – Arrive in Costa Maya at 1:00 PM and depart at 8:00 PM
- Tuesday, February 6, 2024 – Arrive in Cozumel, Mexico at 09:00 AM and depart at 05:00 PM
- Wednesday, February 7, 2024 – Fun Day at Sea and Seminar #2 08:00 – 11:00 (3 Credits)
- Thursday, February 8, 2024 – Arrive in Galveston at 8:30 AM, debarkation later that morning
HOW TO BOOK
Please contact Matt Van Winkle, our agent at Trip Van Winkle for assistance:
Phone: (210) 445-4183
NOTES ON PRICING
- Limited number of cabins available at these rates
- Group rates no longer available after 10/6/2023
- All rates above INCLUDE TAXES AND PORT CHARGES and represent the total, PER PERSON rate for that cabin based on double occupancy (two sharing a room and each paying that amount).
- Single occupancy cabins are 200%.
- To book categories not reserved in the group, we will use regular pricing.
- Third and fourth guests rates are available for some cabins – ask for details and pricing.
- Deposits are $150 per person and due at time of booking.
- Deposits are potentially refundable up to 11/212023.
- Some Carnival promotional or sales rates are lower than our group pricing, but come with more restrictions and may not be refundable at all. We can help you compare the options if they seem a better fit
INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- Choice of cabin accommodations (as shown above for this 4 night cruise)
- Current Government Taxes and Fees
- Meals (in the buffet, main dining rooms and select other locations on the ship)
- Group activities with your host
NOT INCLUDED IN CRUISE PRICE:
- Transportation to Galveston
- Parking fees in Galveston
- Alcoholic beverages and soft drinks (available for purchase on board)
- Some specialty restaurants and food items
- Gratuities $13.99 per day per person will be added to your onboard account (or can be prepaid at booking)
- Course fees – these are separate, but our partners at Trip Van Winkle can help you register and pay for those as well
- EVERYONE MUST HAVE A VALID PASSPORT or ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE & PHOTO ID WITH THEM FOR CHECK-IN, SAILING AND RE-ENTRY INTO THE UNITED STATES IN GALVESTON
- All guests must present the required citizenship documentation at embarkation and failure to have them with you will result in denied boarding and no refund.
- Passengers under 21 years old must sail with their parents or legal guardian
- Everyone will be required to go online and pre-register between final payment and the cruise. This is in order to obtain your boarding pass, cruise documents and luggage tags that are required.